Shale shaker is a very important equipment that is used in the first stage separation of drilling liquids and the solid materials obtained from drilling oil, gas or water wells. This shale shaker consists of a shaker screen that does the separation process.
Brandt Shaker Screen comes in various types and different mesh sizes. Its two main types are the hook type and pretension type. Also the amount and the size of the solid that will get separated depends upon the size of the mesh.
Because of its importance, it is very important that the shaker screen is cleaned regularly. Cleaning it regularly will increase its efficiency and will delay the wear and tear of the mesh.
Various methods of cleaning the screen are;
1) Self Cleaning:
– This methodology involves the use of small folded or creased wires.
– These wires are arranged on a surface in such a way that small gaps are created resulting in a mesh like structure. This is usually supported using Support bars so that they are free to vibrate. These vibrations prevent the blocking or jamming of the mesh.
2) Water based cleaning:
– In this method a high pressure water pipe is used that cleans the screen by pouring water on it at a very high speed. This is a very traditional method that cleans the screen when less cleaning is required.
3) Screen cleaning machines:
– These machines are fully enclosed machines. The screen is placed inside this machine where a powerful water gun, releasing water at a very high pressure, is used that cleans the screen.
– The advantage of this machine is that it is fully automatic and no effort is needed at the workers part.
– Also this machine reduces the time required for cleaning a screen there by increasing the overall cost effectiveness.
In the past, countries and manufacturers developed screen panels with their own specifications and placed them on the market. Users chose screen panels for the price without understanding them, just look for shaker screens for sale. The lack of credible criteria and disparities in the market confounded shaker screen end-users.
The American Petroleum Institute (API) standardizes criteria and regulations that streamline identification of screen panels in the industry. API unravels the mystery behind screen technology to provide industry standard specifications that make it easier for users to choose the right equipment for their work. By doing so, they have put in place international standards to regulate solid control. So now we should choose the shale shaker screen manufacturers who passed API certifications, and then the shaker screens for sale is acceptable.
• Cutting Point Testing
The API RP 13C uses dry aluminum oxide sieves to determine the size of particles that can be separated by a screen. The test is not a performance indicator but a characterization of mesh openings.
• Measure of Conductance
It measures fluid permeability per unit thickness using Darcy’s law. The test determines the ability of a fluid to pass through the screen at a predetermined pressure drop.
• Efficiency Testing
The API RP 13C screen efficiency testing does not measure performance; it characterizes screen openings. It uses aluminum oxide grit on a Ro-Tap sieve shaker to determine conductance and provide a description of the openings in the screen.
• API Standard Screen Labeling
The API standard screen labelling is done to ensure that the equipment is compliant to international standards. The regulatory body requires that the label applied to the screen be
– Adhere to established guidelines.
The API standards is a God-send for shaker screen end users. Kosun has 24 years manufacturing experience in oilfiled driling mud separation and solid control system, and lucky is they offering shaker screens for sale recently, but only in several shale shaker screen sizes.
It has demystified specifications and streamlined the shaker screen market. Users are assured when they know that the equipment they are buying is ISO certified and meets international standards.
Shaker screen is one of the most important part of shale shaker. Its main function is to separate the mixture of drilling fluid and the solids from the holes. It comprises of a screen frame that can of steel or plastic material, screen mesh that resembles woven thread like structure and a binding material that binds the frame and the mesh.
The size of the solids that will be separated, depends on the size of the screen.
The two types of screen types are;
1) Hook Strip – It is available with metal lining of different sizes that matches with the screen mesh. Because of the accurate matching, screen life is greatly improved, decreasing the need to replace it frequently, thereby making it cost effective. It is also known as backing screen.
2) Pretensioned – It provides with greater capacity screening and improved screen life.
The quality of shaker screen depend on number of factors such as;
1) Material used for the Mesh:
– Most common material that is used for the screen is stainless steel. This stainless steel must be corrosion and rust resistant. Different manufactures use different qualities of steel for mesh and also their mesh weaving techniques are different.
2) Number of mesh layers:
– The greater the number of layers of the mesh, greater is its strength and durability. In another words, quality of a shaker screen can also be determined by the number of layers it has.
3) Screening Area:
– Quality can be compared on the basis of how large is the screening area that is amount of mixture that can be filtered in minimum possible time.
– Also, greater the screening area, the load on the mesh will be distributed more that will reduce the wear and tear of mesh, increasing its life.
Welcome to contact us! We are looking forward to cooperation with you.
Solid control is a method to separate solids that are mixed while drilling. The solid control technique is a five stage technique. The solid control equipment that are used are Shale Shaker, Vacuum degasser, desilter, desander and centrifuge.
A shale Shaker is used in the first step because it separates the biggest solids that are present in the mixture. Here when the mud mixture is passed through the Shaker Screen (A mesh that separates the solids), filtered mud is obtained on the other side, in a mud tank. The size of separation of the mixture depends on the size of mesh used in the Shaker Screen.
A shale shaker comprises of the following parts;
– A feeder that is a type of pan into which the mixture is first fed.
– Screen that separates the mixture.
– A vibrator that is a device that gives vibratory force to the screen.
The two types of Shale Shakers are;
1) Shale shaker that works on the concept of Linear Motion: It is mainly used in oil and gas drilling. Its advantage is that it is fast and can handle heavy load.
2) Shale shaker that works on the concept of Balanced Elliptical motion: It has higher retention time than Linear Motion.
Functions of Shale Shaker:
– Its main function is to remove maximum solids from the mixture. This will not only improve the efficiency of the drilling machine, but will also reduce the load on the subsequent equipment.
– It minimizes the wastage that may be caused sometimes while separating the fluids from solids. This will save our precious natural resources.
– It’s another function is to separate the mixture in such a way that the fluid that is recovered can be reused efficiently and its quality is maintained.
Some examples of Shale shakers are;
– MONGOOSE PRO shale shaker that is equipped with dual motion technology and MD-2, Dual and triple Deck shale shaker that boasts of new innovative screen technology.