Shaker Screen consists of a frame that can either be of steel or plastic, into which mesh can be fitted. This mesh does the work of separating the mixture of solid and drilling fluid. A binding material is used to bind the mesh with the frame.
For maximum efficiency, Shaker Screen must be used properly. Following points describe how to properly use it.
– The cloth that is used for making the mesh must be of good quality. Also, if the layering of the mesh is increased, the efficiency of the screen will automatically increase and the fineness of the mesh will also increase.
– Methods must be implemented to increase the life of the screen. For this the first method is to have a very strong screen so that the meshes are supported very firmly. The second method is to provide proper tensioning to the screen.
– The screen must be protected from over tensioning or under tensioning.
– When not in use, the screens must be properly removed from the machine, cleaned and stored properly. Extra care must be taken while storing the screen.
– Also, when the screen in being installed, care must be taken that they are not mishandled. Mishandling of the screen, especially during installation may cause extra wear and tear.
– The weight of the mixture that is being fed to the screen must be in accordance to the amount of weight that the screen can handle. Different types of screens are available for various sizes of the mixture.
– The screens must be cleaned frequently and carefully. Care that must be taken during cleaning the screen is, the water that is being used is not of very high pressure or else it may cause the mesh to unbind from the frame.
KOSUN will supply better goods and services to customers continually.
Shale shaker is a very important equipment that is used in the first stage separation of drilling liquids and the solid materials obtained from drilling oil, gas or water wells. This shale shaker consists of a shaker screen that does the separation process.
Brandt Shaker Screen comes in various types and different mesh sizes. Its two main types are the hook type and pretension type. Also the amount and the size of the solid that will get separated depends upon the size of the mesh.
Because of its importance, it is very important that the shaker screen is cleaned regularly. Cleaning it regularly will increase its efficiency and will delay the wear and tear of the mesh.
Various methods of cleaning the screen are;
1) Self Cleaning:
– This methodology involves the use of small folded or creased wires.
– These wires are arranged on a surface in such a way that small gaps are created resulting in a mesh like structure. This is usually supported using Support bars so that they are free to vibrate. These vibrations prevent the blocking or jamming of the mesh.
2) Water based cleaning:
– In this method a high pressure water pipe is used that cleans the screen by pouring water on it at a very high speed. This is a very traditional method that cleans the screen when less cleaning is required.
3) Screen cleaning machines:
– These machines are fully enclosed machines. The screen is placed inside this machine where a powerful water gun, releasing water at a very high pressure, is used that cleans the screen.
– The advantage of this machine is that it is fully automatic and no effort is needed at the workers part.
– Also this machine reduces the time required for cleaning a screen there by increasing the overall cost effectiveness.
Shale shaker screen manufacturers ensures a flawless process and quality product. Drilling equipment some in different sizes, shapes and designs. Drilling equipment must fit the design and size or be adjustable to fit the design or specifications. Anyone who has used equipment understands that standard industry specifications are crucial to its proper functioning.
Standard shale shaker screen manufacturers equipment are the hallmark of integrity and performance. Demand drives trends in every field. Different drilling fluid equipment- shaker screens have their strong points and weak points. Professionals choose their shaker screen equipment based on the nature of the work at hand. Provided here are some of the drilling fluid equipment –shaker screens in use.
The HDX was designed for optimized screen performance. The HDX has wire diameter 50 percent higher compared to other conventional screens thus enhancing the screen life. Designed to facilitate a higher flow rate without compromising its efficiency, its standard specifications ensure high performance in solid control. Shale shaker screen manufacturers tips is: This equipment resists blinding because of its multi-layered rectangular mesh which enhances its efficiency in reducing fluid loss. In summary the HDX has the following qualities
The RDX gained a reputation for its cost effectiveness for drilling operators. Its strength is reinforced by a triple layered mesh screen. Its wire diameter is 75 percent thicker than conventional screens and 30 percent thicker than other quality screens. The thicker wires have high resistance to wear and tear thereby ensuring a longer screen life. Research has shown that RDX maintains its integrity and performance for its efficient separation of finer solids.
This square mesh screen is credited for accurate cut point. It has narrow solid removal edge.
Whenever you are faced with the task to select a shaker screens as drilling fluid equipment, consider durability, flow rates capacity, resistance to blinding, adjustability and efficiency in the solid separation.
If you initiate a process right, you get quality results. Shaker screens play a vital role in the initial stage of a solid control system. If the Shaker screen is right then you can rest assured that the process is on the right track.
As innovation continues to grow and technology advances further, man makes new discoveries and improves on what existed before. Likewise, the shaker screen has undergone modifications, improvements and witnessed new introductions. There are many types of shaker screens on the market.
Some Types Shale Shaker Screens
1. Derrick Shaker Screens
There are two kinds of Derrick shaker screens
i. The Flat Screen (PWD)
This is the older Derrick shaker screen model. It is less expensive compared to the Pyramid Shaker Screen.
ii. The Pyramid Shaker Screen
This is an improved model of the Flat Screen. Has a higher drilling fluid handling capacity and is more effective than the Flat screen one.
2. Hookstrip Flat Screen
The Hookstrip Flat Screen has vibrating screens which facilitate sorting, sizing up and sieving. It is commonly used by drillers. The 2 to 3 layers of hookstrip and the plastic reinforcing used in the layered screens enhance screen protection.
3. Steel Frame Screen
This screen is commonly used in the industry. It is made of 2 to 3 layers of stainless steel tightly bound to the frame which makes it strong. Rubber plugs can be used to mend gaps or breaks. This makes the screen cost effective.
4. Composite Screen
The composite screen is an improved version of the Steel frame. This shaker screen is lighter, more durable and can with stand high temperatures.
5. Hookstrip Soft Shaker Screen
This is the shaker screen that was used in early days. It has been overtaken by newer models.
As a professional, understanding the task entailed in the drilling work will inform your choice of a screen.
Equipment comes in all kinds of design and industry specifications. Research discovers gaps that innovation seeks to bridge. In solid control system, the shaker screen has over time been improved to enhance its durability, capacity and efficiency. The Rectangular Heavy Duty (RHD) shaker screen is an improvement of the square design.
The Brandt Rectangular Heavy Duty (RHD) shaker screens combine 2 layers of heavy duty rectangular mesh and one layer of coarse mesh to enhance the screen durability. The strong rectangular design is more effective in curbing fluid loss compared to the square model. This series of shaker screens minimizes plugging incidences and resists blinding even under more strenuous circumstances. The RHD series of shaker screens is reputed to maintain its integrity and standard better compared to square designs.
Lost Circulating Material (LCM) has a tendency to infiltrate some double and triple layered screens. The LCM can accumulate on some screens thereby causing the swelling and bursting of the mesh screen. The RHD shaker screen was developed to mitigate this shortcoming. It is more efficient in separating LCM materials. The series has an enhanced capacity to minimize fluid loss while maintaining its integrity in solid control system. Compared to square shaker screens the Rectangular Heavy Duty shaker screens are preferred for the following reasons
• Superior capacity throughput.
• Efficiency in separating Lost Circulating materials such as fibres
• Resistance to blinding
• Ability to minimize plugging
• Removal of fine solids
Modern technology continues to improve equipment and come up with better models. Technology has brought what was impossible before within reach. With the help of technology, you can find out current information about any equipment that you wish to use. Ignore technology at your own peril. Rely on technology to choose the ideal shaker screen for your solid control system.
Shaker screen is one of the most important part of shale shaker. Its main function is to separate the mixture of drilling fluid and the solids from the holes. It comprises of a screen frame that can of steel or plastic material, screen mesh that resembles woven thread like structure and a binding material that binds the frame and the mesh.
The size of the solids that will be separated, depends on the size of the screen.
The two types of screen types are;
1) Hook Strip – It is available with metal lining of different sizes that matches with the screen mesh. Because of the accurate matching, screen life is greatly improved, decreasing the need to replace it frequently, thereby making it cost effective. It is also known as backing screen.
2) Pretensioned – It provides with greater capacity screening and improved screen life.
The quality of shaker screen depend on number of factors such as;
1) Material used for the Mesh:
– Most common material that is used for the screen is stainless steel. This stainless steel must be corrosion and rust resistant. Different manufactures use different qualities of steel for mesh and also their mesh weaving techniques are different.
2) Number of mesh layers:
– The greater the number of layers of the mesh, greater is its strength and durability. In another words, quality of a shaker screen can also be determined by the number of layers it has.
3) Screening Area:
– Quality can be compared on the basis of how large is the screening area that is amount of mixture that can be filtered in minimum possible time.
– Also, greater the screening area, the load on the mesh will be distributed more that will reduce the wear and tear of mesh, increasing its life.
Welcome to contact us! We are looking forward to cooperation with you.
Drilling fluids are used while drilling holes on the surface of the earth for oil, natural gas and even for water wells. The different types of drilling fluids that are used are water, water based muds (mixture of water and clay or other chemicals), oil or synthetic oil.
The advantages of using drilling fluids are;
– Due to the continuous use of machines for long time, the machine get heated. These fluids helps in keeping the drilling machine cool.
– As there is continuous contact between the drill pipes and the walls of the holes, heat may be generated due to friction. Drilling fluids, especially oil based fluids provides lubrication to the drill pipes.
– Keeps the machine clean.
– Maintains pressure on formation fluids (naturally occurring fluids).
This drilling fluids are poured inside the hole with different flow rate and pressure. These fluids then collect the cuttings of rocks from the hole and are then forced out of the hole by a pump. This mixture is then passed through a shale shaker.
A shale shaker is an equipment that removes large solids that are mixed with the drilling fluids, drilling waste, so that the fluids can be reused. These shale shakers not only improve the efficiency but also is very important from the cost cutting point of view. The basic parts of a shale shaker are the base of the shaker called Hopper, a feeder where the mixture of fluid and solid is collected, a screen and a vibrator.
Shale shaker is a vibrating equipment that uses a Shaker Screen (a mesh like structure supported on a frame) to separate the mixture. The vibratory motion may either be linear, elliptical or circular. The efficiency of a shale shaker also depends upon the vibration speed and the amplitude and frequency of the shale shaker.
The main functions of shale shaker is to make the drilling fluids reusable by separating the solids that are mixed with it.