Shaker Screen consists of a frame that can either be of steel or plastic, into which mesh can be fitted. This mesh does the work of separating the mixture of solid and drilling fluid. A binding material is used to bind the mesh with the frame.
For maximum efficiency, Shaker Screen must be used properly. Following points describe how to properly use it.
– The cloth that is used for making the mesh must be of good quality. Also, if the layering of the mesh is increased, the efficiency of the screen will automatically increase and the fineness of the mesh will also increase.
– Methods must be implemented to increase the life of the screen. For this the first method is to have a very strong screen so that the meshes are supported very firmly. The second method is to provide proper tensioning to the screen.
– The screen must be protected from over tensioning or under tensioning.
– When not in use, the screens must be properly removed from the machine, cleaned and stored properly. Extra care must be taken while storing the screen.
– Also, when the screen in being installed, care must be taken that they are not mishandled. Mishandling of the screen, especially during installation may cause extra wear and tear.
– The weight of the mixture that is being fed to the screen must be in accordance to the amount of weight that the screen can handle. Different types of screens are available for various sizes of the mixture.
– The screens must be cleaned frequently and carefully. Care that must be taken during cleaning the screen is, the water that is being used is not of very high pressure or else it may cause the mesh to unbind from the frame.
KOSUN will supply better goods and services to customers continually.
If you initiate a process right, you get quality results. Shaker screens play a vital role in the initial stage of a solid control system. If the Shaker screen is right then you can rest assured that the process is on the right track.
As innovation continues to grow and technology advances further, man makes new discoveries and improves on what existed before. Likewise, the shaker screen has undergone modifications, improvements and witnessed new introductions. There are many types of shaker screens on the market.
Some Types Shale Shaker Screens
1. Derrick Shaker Screens
There are two kinds of Derrick shaker screens
i. The Flat Screen (PWD)
This is the older Derrick shaker screen model. It is less expensive compared to the Pyramid Shaker Screen.
ii. The Pyramid Shaker Screen
This is an improved model of the Flat Screen. Has a higher drilling fluid handling capacity and is more effective than the Flat screen one.
2. Hookstrip Flat Screen
The Hookstrip Flat Screen has vibrating screens which facilitate sorting, sizing up and sieving. It is commonly used by drillers. The 2 to 3 layers of hookstrip and the plastic reinforcing used in the layered screens enhance screen protection.
3. Steel Frame Screen
This screen is commonly used in the industry. It is made of 2 to 3 layers of stainless steel tightly bound to the frame which makes it strong. Rubber plugs can be used to mend gaps or breaks. This makes the screen cost effective.
4. Composite Screen
The composite screen is an improved version of the Steel frame. This shaker screen is lighter, more durable and can with stand high temperatures.
5. Hookstrip Soft Shaker Screen
This is the shaker screen that was used in early days. It has been overtaken by newer models.
As a professional, understanding the task entailed in the drilling work will inform your choice of a screen.
Equipment comes in all kinds of design and industry specifications. Research discovers gaps that innovation seeks to bridge. In solid control system, the shaker screen has over time been improved to enhance its durability, capacity and efficiency. The Rectangular Heavy Duty (RHD) shaker screen is an improvement of the square design.
The Brandt Rectangular Heavy Duty (RHD) shaker screens combine 2 layers of heavy duty rectangular mesh and one layer of coarse mesh to enhance the screen durability. The strong rectangular design is more effective in curbing fluid loss compared to the square model. This series of shaker screens minimizes plugging incidences and resists blinding even under more strenuous circumstances. The RHD series of shaker screens is reputed to maintain its integrity and standard better compared to square designs.
Lost Circulating Material (LCM) has a tendency to infiltrate some double and triple layered screens. The LCM can accumulate on some screens thereby causing the swelling and bursting of the mesh screen. The RHD shaker screen was developed to mitigate this shortcoming. It is more efficient in separating LCM materials. The series has an enhanced capacity to minimize fluid loss while maintaining its integrity in solid control system. Compared to square shaker screens the Rectangular Heavy Duty shaker screens are preferred for the following reasons
• Superior capacity throughput.
• Efficiency in separating Lost Circulating materials such as fibres
• Resistance to blinding
• Ability to minimize plugging
• Removal of fine solids
Modern technology continues to improve equipment and come up with better models. Technology has brought what was impossible before within reach. With the help of technology, you can find out current information about any equipment that you wish to use. Ignore technology at your own peril. Rely on technology to choose the ideal shaker screen for your solid control system.